The Midwives at NOVA Natural Birth Center, love to help families bring their babies into the world, and will be by your side every step of the way. We have both Certified Professional Midwives and Certified Nurse Midwives on our staff. Midwifery Care means “with woman” and our midwives will be with you and your partner as you bring your baby to birth and beyond.
They are on call 24/7 for any concerns by email, text, or phone. You will have a primary midwife who will be available for any non-emergency questions or office hour calls. You will meet the midwives at your prenatal visits or if you prefer, you can schedule your visits with the midwife of your choice. Each of the midwives will take call for labor and after-hour calls, usually a week at a time so you may want to meet all of us.
- Encourage and monitor your healthy pregnancy, birth, and postpartum lifestyle.
- Provide personalized expert care for your unique needs.
- Are available to you anytime – day or night. You will have both our office and personal contact information.
- Refer you to other health care providers for consultation if needed.
- May legally practice in Virginia both at the birth center and in your home.
- Received education through an accredited program, and stay up-to-date via workshops and published information.
- Met rigorous requirements and passed both written and hands-on skills evaluation prior to receiving their professional licenses.
We are experienced birth professionals who will walk with you as you birth – naturally, with loving support, and in your own way. Get to know us! We hope to get to know you soon, too!
Click on each photo to see a bit more about each of the midwives.
Go to our next website section here: http://www.novabirthcenter.com/support/
Our Service Area: NOVA Natural Birth Center midwives serve families throughout the entire Northern Virginia area and about 50 + miles surrounding our Chantilly location. We are near the Dulles International Airport and serve the following communities, Aldie, South Riding, Centreville, Dulles, Fairfax, Falls Church, Reston, Herndon, Ashburn, Sterling, Leesburg, Arlington, Alexandria, Annandale, Burke, Springfield, Manassas, Woodbridge, Gainesville, Haymarket, Bristow, and beyond. We also attend home births in these areas. Some couples come to the birth center from Washington DC, Maryland and beyond. If you live near the border of our service area, we may, depending upon your exact location, still be able to help you or refer you to a midwife who lives closer to you.