We are thrilled to host Little Bellies Lactation Services,LLC at NOVA Natural Birth Center. These two ladies are Board Certified IBCLC Lactation Consultants. They both worked at one of our local hospitals and are starting their own practice. Carolyn was a local LaLeche League leader for many years and loves both the group interactions of a LLL meeting as well as the one on one personalized visits held in your home or at the birth center.
Their private consulations include:
- A comprehensive assessment of mother’s breast and baby’s oral anatomy.
- Pre and Post feeding weights to determine breast milk intake. We will be using our Marsden breastfeeding scale to measure intake to the 2 g accuracy.
- Observation of a feeding and offering optimal latch techniques, positioning suggestions, and assistance with any needs/concerns of the breastfeeding family.
- A plan of care that includes ongoing guidance via telephone/email/text and follow up consultations.
These ladies have also put together an amazing presentation for their “Breastfeeding Basics” class. These are held monthly on the last Saturday of the month (with special arrangements for the holidays). This complete basic breastfeeding class will last approximately 1.5 hours and will cover the following:
- Benefits of Skin to Skin
- Benefits of Breastfeeding
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Breast
- Stages of Breastmilk
- Positioning and Latch Techniques
- Frequency of Feedings
- Intake Guidelines
- Milk Storage
- Nutrition for Breastfeeding Mothers
- Common Questions and Concerns
You can register for this class at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/little-bellies-breastfeeding-class-tickets-33284501841
More information and a flyer to share:
Prenatal Assessments are also available for anyone but are especially great for a first time mother or those who have special concerns such as size, shape, family history, or surgical alterations.
- Discounts for consultations held at the birth and wellness center are available.
Call their office at 540-822-4322 to schedule your consultation visit. You can also check out their website at: https://www.littlebellieslactation.com/